1. Course title
2. Course code
3. Course status: compulsory or optional
Bachelor's programme in physical sciences is responsible for the course.
The course belongs to optional studies.
The course is available to the students from other degree programmes. The course is suitable for anyone with an interest towards astronomy.
4. Course level (first-, second-, third-cycle/EQF levels 6, 7 and 8)
-Bachelor’s level = first-cycle degree/EQF level 6. Intermediate studies
5. Recommended time/stage of studies for completion
The course can be taken at any point during the studies.
6. Term/teaching period when the course will be offered
The course is offered every second year in period III.
7. Scope of the course in credits
8. Teacher coordinating the course
9. Course learning outcomes
After the course you have a general knowledge of astronomy on a popular level and know what are the current relevant research topics.
10. Course completion methods
No previous studies are required.
12. Recommended optional studies
13. Course content
A popular level lectured course about the basics of astronomy and the Universe.
14. Recommended and required literature
The teacher will give information of the materials at the beginning of the course.
15. Activities and teaching methods in support of learning
16. Assessment practices and criteria, grading scale
There grade will be given based on the final exam